Pak Taliban claim responsibly for Bajaur blast
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility for a bomb blast in the restive Bajaur tribal region that killed six men, including tribal elders who were part of a pro-government militia.
The blast occurred during a meeting of tribal elders in Mamond sub-district yesterday.
The bomb was triggered by remote control. Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan claimed responsibility for the attack in phone calls to journalists in northwest Pakistan.
He said the elders were targeted because they had formed an anti-Taliban militia.
Scores of pro-government elders and tribesmen have been killed in bombings and suicide attacks across northwest Pakistan over the past four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'