Pakistan: 24 killed in road accident
Lahore: At least 24 people, including women and children, were killed and several others injured when a van collided with a speeding truck in Pakistan`s Punjab province Tuesday, officials said.
The accident occurred on a busy highway in Bahawalpur.
The van, which was going to Ahmedpur Sharqia from Bahawalpur, collided head-on with the truck.
Twelve people were killed instantly and 12 others died in hospital, the officials said.
Seven women and three children were among the dead.
Several people were injured and some of them were in a critical condition, the officials said.
Rescue teams had to cut through the mangled metal of the van to remove bodies and the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Permission for release of 'Kabali' in 5-star hotels rejected
- When Arshad threw a 'trishul' at Boman and left him bleeding
- Silver price slips below Rs 46,000, down Rs 1,020/kg
- Lactating mothers can reduce risk of diabetes through breastfeeding, says study
- MH370 search team raises prospect plane could lie elsewhere