Pakistan: 24 killed in road accident
Lahore: At least 24 people, including women and children, were killed and several others injured when a van collided with a speeding truck in Pakistan`s Punjab province Tuesday, officials said.
The accident occurred on a busy highway in Bahawalpur.
The van, which was going to Ahmedpur Sharqia from Bahawalpur, collided head-on with the truck.
Twelve people were killed instantly and 12 others died in hospital, the officials said.
Seven women and three children were among the dead.
Several people were injured and some of them were in a critical condition, the officials said.
Rescue teams had to cut through the mangled metal of the van to remove bodies and the injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump