Pakistan: 24 killed in road accident
Lahore: At least 24 people, including women and children, were killed and several others injured when a van collided with a speeding truck in Pakistan`s Punjab province Tuesday, officials said.
The accident occurred on a busy highway in Bahawalpur.
The van, which was going to Ahmedpur Sharqia from Bahawalpur, collided head-on with the truck.
Twelve people were killed instantly and 12 others died in hospital, the officials said.
Seven women and three children were among the dead.
Several people were injured and some of them were in a critical condition, the officials said.
Rescue teams had to cut through the mangled metal of the van to remove bodies and the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video