Pakistan Army capable of responding effectively to any external threat: Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that Pakistan is fully capable of responding effectively to any threat and that the armed forces remain fully prepared to deal with an external direct threat.
Kayani said this while addressing graduating cadets at the Pakistan Military Academy.
Kayani, while admitting the challenges currently faced by the country, remained confident that united, the challenges can be overcome, reports The Express tribune.
The Army chief said Pakistan would succeed if it remains committed to its basis of creation, that is, Islam.
He further said that Islam can never ever be taken out of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends