`Pakistan Army may spark nuclear war with India`
New Delhi: In a statement that could cause tensions across the whole South Asian region, Bangladeshi High Commissioner to India Ahmad Tariq Karim has said that the Pakistani Army’s "selfish corporate mindset" may lead to a nuclear confrontation with India.
His views are being endorsed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani.
Karim has sent a 19-page pamphlet on Pakistan to Advani.
In the pamphlet, Karim cites seven "deadly sins" of Pakistan which were responsible for the political problems and weak democracy in the neighbouring country.
These, according to Karim, are doctrines of Islamic invincibility over Hindus, West Pakistani superiority over inferior Bengalis (Bangladeshis), its indispensability as a strategic ally of the US, too much emphasis on relations with China and Iran, a belief that majority of Kashmiris want to join Pakistan, and that defence of East Pakistan lay in the plains of Punjab (Pakistan).
In his latest blog posting, Advani quoted the pamphlet to say that in "its obsession with matching India tit-for-tat in missiles and nuclear race", Pakistan has "failed to address more fundamental problems related to societal development within its own orders, and has gone pretty nigh bankrupt in the process."
Agreeing with the views, Advani said, "In totality this pamphlet adds up to a very perceptive summing up of all that has gone wrong with Pakistan in the three score years since its foundation."
He further adds, "In the preamble to this pamphlet Karim warns that the selfish corporate mindset of the Pakistan military establishment ultimately may lead to a nuclear confrontation with India."
Karim`s paper also makes a plea to the international community in general and to SAARC in particular to deploy measures that would encourage the return of democracy to Pakistan as soon as possible.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth