Pakistan avalanche: 3 soldiers killed, many missing
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed Friday and many others, including both troops and civilians, went missing as an avalanche hit Pakistan-controlled Kashmir along the Line of Control (LoC) with India, reported Xinhua.
A Xinhua source in northern Pakistan said the avalanche occurred at about 3 a.m. local time Friday near Tehjiann Sector along the LoC.
The bodies of the three soldiers killed in the avalanche have already been recovered and airlifted to their hometown, said the army source.
The missing people are still unaccounted for, it added.
On April 7, a massive avalanche hit a Pakistani army camp in the Siachen Glacier area, the world`s highest battle-ground, where thousands of Pakistani and Indian soldiers perform duties in harsh cold across the LoC that divides Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!