Pakistan avalanche: 3 soldiers killed, many missing
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed Friday and many others, including both troops and civilians, went missing as an avalanche hit Pakistan-controlled Kashmir along the Line of Control (LoC) with India, reported Xinhua.
A Xinhua source in northern Pakistan said the avalanche occurred at about 3 a.m. local time Friday near Tehjiann Sector along the LoC.
The bodies of the three soldiers killed in the avalanche have already been recovered and airlifted to their hometown, said the army source.
The missing people are still unaccounted for, it added.
On April 7, a massive avalanche hit a Pakistani army camp in the Siachen Glacier area, the world`s highest battle-ground, where thousands of Pakistani and Indian soldiers perform duties in harsh cold across the LoC that divides Kashmir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!