Pakistan avalanche: 3 soldiers killed, many missing
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed Friday and many others, including both troops and civilians, went missing as an avalanche hit Pakistan-controlled Kashmir along the Line of Control (LoC) with India, reported Xinhua.
A Xinhua source in northern Pakistan said the avalanche occurred at about 3 a.m. local time Friday near Tehjiann Sector along the LoC.
The bodies of the three soldiers killed in the avalanche have already been recovered and airlifted to their hometown, said the army source.
The missing people are still unaccounted for, it added.
On April 7, a massive avalanche hit a Pakistani army camp in the Siachen Glacier area, the world`s highest battle-ground, where thousands of Pakistani and Indian soldiers perform duties in harsh cold across the LoC that divides Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack