Pakistan avalanche: 3 soldiers killed, many missing
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed Friday and many others, including both troops and civilians, went missing as an avalanche hit Pakistan-controlled Kashmir along the Line of Control (LoC) with India, reported Xinhua.
A Xinhua source in northern Pakistan said the avalanche occurred at about 3 a.m. local time Friday near Tehjiann Sector along the LoC.
The bodies of the three soldiers killed in the avalanche have already been recovered and airlifted to their hometown, said the army source.
The missing people are still unaccounted for, it added.
On April 7, a massive avalanche hit a Pakistani army camp in the Siachen Glacier area, the world`s highest battle-ground, where thousands of Pakistani and Indian soldiers perform duties in harsh cold across the LoC that divides Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan