Pakistan condemns drone attack in North Waziristan
Islamabad: Pakistan Monday strongly condemned the US drone attack in North Waziristan tribal region which killed four people a day ago, while urging Washington to "stop such attacks based on mutual respect and established international norms".
A US spy aircraft fired missiles on a house in Datta Khel town, bordering Afghanistan.
"Such unilateral attacks are in contravention of international law and counterproductive to the stability of this country," Xinhua quoted Pakistan foreign ministry as saying.
"The government of Pakistan has maintained its position that drone strikes are violative of its territorial integrity and sovereignty," it said, adding that such attacks also set dangerous precedents in the inter-state relations.
"The government of Pakistan calls upon the US government to stop such attacks based on mutual respect and established international norms," the ministry said.
The statement comes days after former president Pervez Musharraf reportedly admitted having had secretly granted permission to the US on a "few occasions" to carry out drone strikes inside Pakistan.
The government clarified no approval had ever been given to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to operate drones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says