Pakistan dismisses India’s concerns over Gawadar port
Islamabad: The Foreign Office has stated modalities were still being discussed between Islamabad and Beijing for an agreement over handing over of deep-sea Gwadar Port to a Chinese firm, asserting that the concerns raised by India over the bilateral arrangement were unwarranted.
While replying to a question during a weekly briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Muazzam Khan dismissed India’s concerns regarding Pakistan’s decision to transfer management of the deep-sea Gawadar port to China.
He said that a procedure is being considered to hand over Gawadar Port to China, adding that it is a matter between Pakistan and China and no other country need to be involved in it.
According to the Nation, he added that China is an important country of the region, which can play a positive role for regional peace and stability.
In reply to a question on the recent nuclear tests by North Korea, he said that every country has got the right to do what North Korea did, but international responsibilities should also be addressed.
Speaking about Kashmir, Khan said that there Pakistan had not made any policy changes with regard to the disputed territory.
He said that Pakistan desires a solution to the Kashmir dispute in line with the wishes of aspirations of the Kashmiri people and the resolutions of the United Nations, the report said.
Khan said that Pakistan calls on India to release all release of freedom leaders and urges it to put a stop to its oppressive measures in Kashmir.
He said that Pakistan wants to normalize relations with India and observed that the only way to realise normal relations is through negotiations, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!