Pakistan dismisses India’s concerns over Gawadar port
Islamabad: The Foreign Office has stated modalities were still being discussed between Islamabad and Beijing for an agreement over handing over of deep-sea Gwadar Port to a Chinese firm, asserting that the concerns raised by India over the bilateral arrangement were unwarranted.
While replying to a question during a weekly briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Muazzam Khan dismissed India’s concerns regarding Pakistan’s decision to transfer management of the deep-sea Gawadar port to China.
He said that a procedure is being considered to hand over Gawadar Port to China, adding that it is a matter between Pakistan and China and no other country need to be involved in it.
According to the Nation, he added that China is an important country of the region, which can play a positive role for regional peace and stability.
In reply to a question on the recent nuclear tests by North Korea, he said that every country has got the right to do what North Korea did, but international responsibilities should also be addressed.
Speaking about Kashmir, Khan said that there Pakistan had not made any policy changes with regard to the disputed territory.
He said that Pakistan desires a solution to the Kashmir dispute in line with the wishes of aspirations of the Kashmiri people and the resolutions of the United Nations, the report said.
Khan said that Pakistan calls on India to release all release of freedom leaders and urges it to put a stop to its oppressive measures in Kashmir.
He said that Pakistan wants to normalize relations with India and observed that the only way to realise normal relations is through negotiations, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read