Pakistan mulling official release of leaked Osama report
Islamabad: The Pakistan Government is considering releasing the copy of the Abbottabad Commission Report on the country`s intelligence failures in the Osama bin Laden killing, Minister for Information has said.
Pervez Rasheed said that a Ministerial Committee led by former Law Minister Farooq H Naek had recommended against its publication.
Rasheed, who is also the Broadcasting Senator, has already said that the government will probe how a copy of the report was leaked to the media.
According to the Express Tribune, he said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif would also announce the names of the presidential candidate of the PML-N and the names of the governors.
Rasheed said that the government had improved its intelligence coordination that will lead to a success in anti-terrorism efforts , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today