Pakistan must act more against terror: US envoy
New Delhi: The US wants Pakistan to take "additional action" against terrorism so that it is no more a threat to the world, US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell said Monday.
"All of us want continuous action against terrorism as it is a threat to US, India and Pakistan too," Powell told journalists during an interaction at the Indian Women Press Corps.
"We want to see additional action and additional success so that it is not a threat to us," she said.
India has been demanding that Pakistan take "more decisive action" against Lashkar-e-Taiba`s Hafiz Saeed, believed to be the mastermind of the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
New Delhi has been pressing Pakistan to provide it with voice samples of Saeed and LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
In November 2008, ten terrorists, who came on boat from Pakistan, opened fire at major landmarks in Mumbai, including the Taj Mahal hotel. The terror mayhem left 166 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere