Pakistan Navy beefs up security at Gwadar Port, western coast
Karachi: To strengthen the defence of Gwadar Port and to enhance the security of vital assets and installations along the western coast, the Pakistan Navy has commissioned the 3rd Pak Marines Battalion.
The commissioning ceremony was held on Thursday in the presence of the Vice Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Muhammad Shafiq.
Addressing naval personnel, the chief guest was quoted by Pakistan Today, as saying the country was currently facing internal and external threats, which made security the main concern.
He said that Pakistan`s Marines have always remained steadfast and proved their mettle whenever the nation had called on them to do so.
"Be defence of border in creek areas, air defence of PN assets, security of sensitive areas, aid to civil power during natural disasters or countering cowardly acts of terrorism, the Pak Marines have always lived up to the expectations of the nation," he added.
Vice-Admiral Shafiq further said that the Pakistan Navy was making all out efforts to equip the Pak Marines with modern weapons and was also focusing on their professional training in line with the modern-day requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy