Pakistan observes Eid al-Adha today
Islamabad: Pakistan is observing Eid al-Adha, which is all about the spirit of sacrifice, with religious fervour on Wednesday.
Eid prayers were also offered in Abbottabad, Mardan, Bannu and other districts of the KP besides Mohmand Agency, Khyber Agency and other tribal areas.
Sacrificial animals were slaughtered in observance of the Sunnah of Hazrat Ibrahim (AS).
President Mamnoon Hussain has celebrated Eid in Saudi Arabia, while Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif celebrated it at Raiwind, Lahore along with his family, Geo TV reports.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry celebrated Eid in Islamabad, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in Murree, while Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Amir Munnawar Hassan offered his Eid prayers in Mansoora, Lahore.
Meanwhile, millions of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Europe and the US celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
Over 1,500 Eid prayers congregations were held in Britain. The faithful also sacrificed animals after the Eid prayers.
The Arab world, including Gulf countries and Saudi Arabia as well as Pakistanis in the US and Europe celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed