Pakistan observes Eid al-Adha today
Islamabad: Pakistan is observing Eid al-Adha, which is all about the spirit of sacrifice, with religious fervour on Wednesday.
Eid prayers were also offered in Abbottabad, Mardan, Bannu and other districts of the KP besides Mohmand Agency, Khyber Agency and other tribal areas.
Sacrificial animals were slaughtered in observance of the Sunnah of Hazrat Ibrahim (AS).
President Mamnoon Hussain has celebrated Eid in Saudi Arabia, while Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif celebrated it at Raiwind, Lahore along with his family, Geo TV reports.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry celebrated Eid in Islamabad, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in Murree, while Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Amir Munnawar Hassan offered his Eid prayers in Mansoora, Lahore.
Meanwhile, millions of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Europe and the US celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
Over 1,500 Eid prayers congregations were held in Britain. The faithful also sacrificed animals after the Eid prayers.
The Arab world, including Gulf countries and Saudi Arabia as well as Pakistanis in the US and Europe celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more