Pakistan observes Eid al-Adha today
Islamabad: Pakistan is observing Eid al-Adha, which is all about the spirit of sacrifice, with religious fervour on Wednesday.
Eid prayers were also offered in Abbottabad, Mardan, Bannu and other districts of the KP besides Mohmand Agency, Khyber Agency and other tribal areas.
Sacrificial animals were slaughtered in observance of the Sunnah of Hazrat Ibrahim (AS).
President Mamnoon Hussain has celebrated Eid in Saudi Arabia, while Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif celebrated it at Raiwind, Lahore along with his family, Geo TV reports.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry celebrated Eid in Islamabad, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in Murree, while Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Amir Munnawar Hassan offered his Eid prayers in Mansoora, Lahore.
Meanwhile, millions of Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Europe and the US celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
Over 1,500 Eid prayers congregations were held in Britain. The faithful also sacrificed animals after the Eid prayers.
The Arab world, including Gulf countries and Saudi Arabia as well as Pakistanis in the US and Europe celebrated Eid al-Adha on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you