Pakistan orders release of all Indian fishermen
Islamabad: As a goodwill gesture towards India, Pakistan has ordered the release of all Indian fishermen imprisoned in the country, Geo News reported Tuesday.
All imprisoned Indian fishermen will be released along with their ships after an initial investigation, according to the interior ministry.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Indian fishermen have been warned to not violate the territorial waters of Pakistan.
He said he has directed the Federal Investigation Agency to have the fishermen sign an affidavit prior to their release stating that they will not violate Pakistani waters.
According to media reports, more than 200 Indian fishermen are lodged in Pakistani jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL