Pakistan orders release of all Indian fishermen
Islamabad: As a goodwill gesture towards India, Pakistan has ordered the release of all Indian fishermen imprisoned in the country, Geo News reported Tuesday.
All imprisoned Indian fishermen will be released along with their ships after an initial investigation, according to the interior ministry.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Indian fishermen have been warned to not violate the territorial waters of Pakistan.
He said he has directed the Federal Investigation Agency to have the fishermen sign an affidavit prior to their release stating that they will not violate Pakistani waters.
According to media reports, more than 200 Indian fishermen are lodged in Pakistani jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui