Pakistan orders release of all Indian fishermen
Islamabad: As a goodwill gesture towards India, Pakistan has ordered the release of all Indian fishermen imprisoned in the country, Geo News reported Tuesday.
All imprisoned Indian fishermen will be released along with their ships after an initial investigation, according to the interior ministry.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Indian fishermen have been warned to not violate the territorial waters of Pakistan.
He said he has directed the Federal Investigation Agency to have the fishermen sign an affidavit prior to their release stating that they will not violate Pakistani waters.
According to media reports, more than 200 Indian fishermen are lodged in Pakistani jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress