Pakistan orders release of all Indian fishermen
Islamabad: As a goodwill gesture towards India, Pakistan has ordered the release of all Indian fishermen imprisoned in the country, Geo News reported Tuesday.
All imprisoned Indian fishermen will be released along with their ships after an initial investigation, according to the interior ministry.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Indian fishermen have been warned to not violate the territorial waters of Pakistan.
He said he has directed the Federal Investigation Agency to have the fishermen sign an affidavit prior to their release stating that they will not violate Pakistani waters.
According to media reports, more than 200 Indian fishermen are lodged in Pakistani jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday