Pakistan says still open to third party mediation on Kashmir
Islamabad: Pakistan on Thursday said it is committed to the bilateral process with India to address the Kashmir issue but would "always" be open to third party mediation.
"Pakistan has been committed to the bilateral process with India to address this (Kashmir) matter as part of the composite dialogue process," Pakistan Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said.
Pakistan hopes that India will "engage with us in a meaningful dialogue to resolve" the issue, he said.
Chaudhry, who was addressing the weekly news briefing, added: "However, at the same time Pakistan has always been open to third party mediation. We believe that it is an option that has always been available".
He was replying to a question on whether Pakistan believes the bilateral process is no longer feasible to resolve the Kashmir dispute, often described by Islamabad as the "core issue" between the two countries.
Chaudhry`s remarks came against the backdrop of both India and the US rejecting Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s call for mediation by the American administration. The US said there had not been an "iota of change" in its policy on Kashmir, which was a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan.
Chaudhry said Sartaj Aziz, the Advisor to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, will travel to India in November to attend the Asia-Europe Meeting of foreign ministers.
Official sources said the two sides are working on a possible meeting between Aziz and External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Asked about the delay in the meeting between Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries to address ceasefire violations along the Line of Control, as was decided by the Prime Ministers in New York, Chaudhry said Pakistan was fully committed to implementing this decision.
"They (DGMOs) are already in touch through their hotline. I understand they discussed the matter on October 25 and 29 and concurred to normalise the situation on the LoC and working boundary," he said.
"A flag meeting was held between Pakistan Rangers and BSF on October 29 and both sides agreed to observe ceasefire and resolve issues through flag meetings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon