Pakistan seeks Taliban commander from Afghanistan
Islamabad: Pakistan will ask Interpol to deport Tehrik-e-Taliban commander Maulvi Faqir from Afghanistan, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported Sunday.
Minister for Interior Rehman Malik was quoted as saying that Faqir was arrested by Afghan security forces from near the border with Pakistan some days ago.
Malik said Interpol would be approached for getting the custody of Maulvi Faqir, who was was behind a series of terror attacks in Pakistan.
"We want his deportation to Pakistan so that action can be initiated against him in accordance with the law," he said.
Malik also said that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) had safe havens in Punjab province and urged the provincial government to take action against "the criminals of banned outfit".
He appreciated the country`s intelligence agencies "for providing complete and correct information about terrorists", APP reproted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan