Pakistan seeks Taliban commander from Afghanistan
Islamabad: Pakistan will ask Interpol to deport Tehrik-e-Taliban commander Maulvi Faqir from Afghanistan, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported Sunday.
Minister for Interior Rehman Malik was quoted as saying that Faqir was arrested by Afghan security forces from near the border with Pakistan some days ago.
Malik said Interpol would be approached for getting the custody of Maulvi Faqir, who was was behind a series of terror attacks in Pakistan.
"We want his deportation to Pakistan so that action can be initiated against him in accordance with the law," he said.
Malik also said that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) had safe havens in Punjab province and urged the provincial government to take action against "the criminals of banned outfit".
He appreciated the country`s intelligence agencies "for providing complete and correct information about terrorists", APP reproted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest