Pakistan set to declare Panja Sahib as holy city
The Pakistan government has decided to declare `Panja Sahib` a holy city and would initiate efforts to sort out all issues related to the welfare of the Sikhs living at the pilgrimage site.
This was stated by the President of Pak-Indo Friendship Association and Legal Consulate Ministry of Interior Government of Pakistan Arif Chaudhry, during his meeting with the Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here, an official release said here.
Panja Sahib is believed to house a rock having the hand print of Guru Nanak, founder of Sikh religion, and is a popular pilgrimage spot for Sikhs across the world.
Chaudhary also invited Badal to Pakistan to attend a function organised by the Association on this occasion, the schedule of which would be finalised as per his convenience.
Accepting the invitation, Badal said that he had always championed the cause for further strengthening bilateral ties between India and Pakistan through opening Hussainiwal and Fazilka border that would give impetus to trade.
He hoped with the formation of the new government in Pakistan, the bilateral relations would further improve and new business and cultural exchange avenues would be worked out through promoting people to people contact programmes.
The Pakistan official said that the forum would also try to sort out all issues related to the welfare of Sikhs living at Panja Sahib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof