Pakistan to release 315 Indian fishermen
Islamabad: Pakistan will release 315 Indian fishermen at the Wagah land border crossing on Thursday, official sources said on Tuesday.
The fishermen are currently being held at a jail in Karachi, and they will be freed and sent to Lahore to be handed over to Indian authorities, sources told PTI.
Pakistan and India arrest scores of fishermen every year on charges of violating territorial waters.
Pakistani officials say over 150 Pakistani fishermen are currently in Indian prisons.
Since India and Pakistan resumed their peace process last year after a gap of over two years after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, the two sides have taken several steps to speed up the release of prisoners held in each other`s prisoners.
The two countries have released scores of prisoners, a majority of them fishermen.
The two sides are working on an arrangement for the speedy repatriation of fishermen detained for inadvertently crossing the maritime boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999