Pakistani guns down ex-fiancee
Islamabad: A Pakistani man allegedly shot dead his former fiancee after the woman`s family broke up their engagement, a daily reported Saturday.
The incident took place in Rawalpindi city, three months after the 22-year-old woman`s engagement ended, the Dawn said.
The woman was shot dead and her mother and younger sister were injured in the attack, the girl`s family said.
The woman`s mother said she, her husband and her two daughters were at their home in Amarpura area, when the accused came in along with two other men.
Saying that he would teach the family a lesson, the man pulled out a pistol and fired at his former fiancee. As the girl fell down, the man pointed the pistol at the girl`s father. When the younger daughter came in between, the man shot her in the leg.
Realising that the attacker would not spare anyone in the house, the girl`s mother pounced on him, she told the Dawn.
She was injured in the head when the man hit her with the butt of the pistol.
The attacker managed to flee after the killing.
The accused and the dead woman both worked at a garment factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui