Pakistani guns down ex-fiancee
Islamabad: A Pakistani man allegedly shot dead his former fiancee after the woman`s family broke up their engagement, a daily reported Saturday.
The incident took place in Rawalpindi city, three months after the 22-year-old woman`s engagement ended, the Dawn said.
The woman was shot dead and her mother and younger sister were injured in the attack, the girl`s family said.
The woman`s mother said she, her husband and her two daughters were at their home in Amarpura area, when the accused came in along with two other men.
Saying that he would teach the family a lesson, the man pulled out a pistol and fired at his former fiancee. As the girl fell down, the man pointed the pistol at the girl`s father. When the younger daughter came in between, the man shot her in the leg.
Realising that the attacker would not spare anyone in the house, the girl`s mother pounced on him, she told the Dawn.
She was injured in the head when the man hit her with the butt of the pistol.
The attacker managed to flee after the killing.
The accused and the dead woman both worked at a garment factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand