Pakistani man buys girl to give birth to male child
Lahore: His wish to father a son from a girl `bought` for the purpose landed a 55-year-old man in police custody in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
Muhammad Ali, married twice, had three girls but no son and he bought the 20-year-old girl, hoping that she would bear him a son.
Ali and his two wives were living with him separately in Cheechawatan, some 200 kilometres from here, in Sahiwal district. Three girls were from his first marriage but her second wife was issue-less.
"As I desperately wanted a male child I bought a 20-year-old woman, Begum Bibi, from Mamoo Kanjan, near Lahore, by paying rupees 120,000 to Muhammad Khan over a month ago.
I loved my second wife and I told her that I would leave the girl when she will give birth to a male child and subsequently I would hand him over to you (second wife)," Ali told police.
Ali started living with Begum Bibi in a rented house.
A couple of days ago, Bibi called the Rescue 1122 over phone and complained that Ali detained her in a house and abused her both sexually and physically.
In an operation, authorities rescued Begam Bibi and handed over her to police. Police later arrested Ali.
Begam Bibi told police that Ali had promised to nikah (wed) with her at the time of "buying deal."
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’