Pakistani man buys girl to give birth to male child
Lahore: His wish to father a son from a girl `bought` for the purpose landed a 55-year-old man in police custody in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
Muhammad Ali, married twice, had three girls but no son and he bought the 20-year-old girl, hoping that she would bear him a son.
Ali and his two wives were living with him separately in Cheechawatan, some 200 kilometres from here, in Sahiwal district. Three girls were from his first marriage but her second wife was issue-less.
"As I desperately wanted a male child I bought a 20-year-old woman, Begum Bibi, from Mamoo Kanjan, near Lahore, by paying rupees 120,000 to Muhammad Khan over a month ago.
I loved my second wife and I told her that I would leave the girl when she will give birth to a male child and subsequently I would hand him over to you (second wife)," Ali told police.
Ali started living with Begum Bibi in a rented house.
A couple of days ago, Bibi called the Rescue 1122 over phone and complained that Ali detained her in a house and abused her both sexually and physically.
In an operation, authorities rescued Begam Bibi and handed over her to police. Police later arrested Ali.
Begam Bibi told police that Ali had promised to nikah (wed) with her at the time of "buying deal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’