Pakistani MP flees from court after bail rejected
Islamabad: A newly-elected Pakistani parliamentarian fled from an anti- terrorism court after his bail application was rejected in a murder case, a media report said Sunday.
Nawab Wassan Khan, member of the National Assembly from Khairpur in Sindh province, fled from the court Saturday, the Daily Times reported.
Khan, a member of the Pakistan Peoples Party, was being tried for the killing of one person and injuring 16 others during the May 11 general election.
After a case was lodged against him, Khan had got interim bail from the Sindh High Court. He reached the anti-terrorism court Saturday for confirmation of bail.
As soon as the court gave its judgment, Khan fled the courtroom.
Relatives of the deceased staged a protest in the court premises.
The court later issued an arrest warrant for Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad