Pakistani teenage activist Malala discharged from UK hospital
London: Almost four months since she was shot in the head, Pakistani teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai has been released on Friday from a UK hospital where she was being treated after being attacked by the Taliban.
Yusufzai had made a good recovery from a five-hour operation she underwent on her skull and ear at Birmingham`s Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Medical staff said she was well enough to be discharged as an in-patient following the surgery last weekend, Sky News reported.
The hospital said the 15-year-old will now continue her rehabilitation at her family`s temporary home in Birmingham and will visit occasionally for outpatient appointments.
It said her family had asked for the media to respect their privacy and dignity at this time.
Malala was shot in Pakistan`s conservative Swat Valley on October 9 and was air-lifted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on October 15 for further specialist treatment. She received bullet wounds just above her left eye.
Malala had earlier this month undergone two successful operations to attach a titanium plate and cochlear implant.
The procedures carried out on her included Titanium cranioplasty which is repairing of the missing area of skull with a titanium plate that has been moulded to accurately replicate the skull.
The other procedure was the Cochlear implant which is fitting a small, complex electronic device that provides a sense of sound to someone who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings