Pakistani thrown from four-storey building by poli
Islamabad: A Pakistani man from Rawalpindi has alleged that police tortured him after suspecting him to be a drug dealer and threw him from a four-storey building.
Qasim Khan, a resident of Iqbal Town area, told the News International that he was tortured by police from Sadiqabad over a meagre amount of Rs 3,000, and after breaking his arms the policemem threw him from the building.
Police refuted the allegation, saying that the suspect was a drug-dealer. When a police team raided his hideout, the man jumped from the building in a bid to escape.
He was rushed to hospital in a critical condition, but survived.
The man said he had a monetary dispute with a man named Mushtaq, who asked him to come to his house to settle the issue. When he reached there, two police officials took him to their "private cell" in the building and tortured him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical