Pakistani TV reporter shot dead
Islamabad: A reporter of a TV news channel was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
Abdul Haq Baloch, a correspondent for ARY News in Khuzdar city, was attacked by two gunmen riding a motorcycle near the local press club at Chakar Khan Road at 7:30 pm (local time).
Officials said the motive for the killing had not been ascertained.
ARY News confirmed the incident and said Baloch was heading home when he was attacked.
The channel said the reporter had not received threats from anyone.
The gunmen fled after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident.
Another employee of ARY News was killed in Peshawar city in the northwest during violent protests against an anti-Islam film on September 21.
The employee died after being hit by a bullet in police firing.
Baloch`s murder again raised concern about the security of journalists in Pakistan.
International media organizations have listed Pakistan as one of the most dangerous countries for journalists.
Dozens of reporters have died while performing their duties over the past decade.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf expressed grief at the death of Baloch and strongly condemned the incident.
He directed authorities to apprehend those involved in the heinous crime and bring them to justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside