Pakistani TV reporter shot dead
Islamabad: A reporter of a TV news channel was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
Abdul Haq Baloch, a correspondent for ARY News in Khuzdar city, was attacked by two gunmen riding a motorcycle near the local press club at Chakar Khan Road at 7:30 pm (local time).
Officials said the motive for the killing had not been ascertained.
ARY News confirmed the incident and said Baloch was heading home when he was attacked.
The channel said the reporter had not received threats from anyone.
The gunmen fled after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident.
Another employee of ARY News was killed in Peshawar city in the northwest during violent protests against an anti-Islam film on September 21.
The employee died after being hit by a bullet in police firing.
Baloch`s murder again raised concern about the security of journalists in Pakistan.
International media organizations have listed Pakistan as one of the most dangerous countries for journalists.
Dozens of reporters have died while performing their duties over the past decade.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf expressed grief at the death of Baloch and strongly condemned the incident.
He directed authorities to apprehend those involved in the heinous crime and bring them to justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India