Pervez Musharraf to appeal against arrest order
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former military ruler Pervez Musharraf will appeal in the country`s highest court on Thursday against an order for his arrest, a party spokesman said.
The spokesman for Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League told AFP that if the order is upheld, then he expected the authorities to put the retired general under house arrest at his property on the edge of Islamabad.
"Musharraf is composed and confident. We will go for an appeal in the Supreme Court today. If the court rejects our appeal, we will present ourselves to the law," APML spokesman Muhammad Amjad said.
"I think if an arrest is necessary, the authorities will declare the farm house a sub-jail," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls