Pirates kill 16 Bangladeshi fishermen
Dhaka: Pirates have killed 16 Bangladeshi fishermen in the Bay of Bengal, police said on Monday.
The killings took place in Kutubdia, an island off the coastal town of Cox`s Bazaar in southeastern Bangladesh, Xinhua reported. The bodies were dumped in the Bay of Bengal.
"We`ve come to know that 16 fishermen`s bodies were found floating in the bay of Bengal," Mohammad Azad Mia, police chief in Cox`s Bazaar, told Xinhua.
He said 23 fishermen, who about a week ago sailed from Kutubdia island, some 400 km southeast of Dhaka, have been missing.
Mia said there was no specific information regarding the deaths of the fishermen whose bodies were found floating with hands and feet tied.
"It seems they (the fishermen) were thrown alive into the sea."
He said the bodies were recovered in a sea area about 50 km away from Kutubdia island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city