Political mafias breathing their last: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said the time of “corrupt rulers” in the country is coming to an end and the ruling “political mafias” are breathing their last.
“All those afraid of accountability have united against PTI. They are trying to stand against the tsunami of PTI, but it would wash away all those who come in its way,” the Daily Times quoted Khan, as saying.
Taking Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leadership to task, the PTI chief challenged them to resign from assemblies if they were “real tigers”. He said the PML-N did not want to resign from assemblies, as it wanted an election commissioner of its choice and a share in the caretaker set-up that would hold the next general elections.
Khan said the PML-N could not defeat the PTI in elections as masses had come to its rallies voluntarily, while those at the PML-N rallies lacked enthusiasm and commitment. He said the PTI would stand by the marginalised segments of society and develop a new Pakistan by bringing a revolution in the country.
Khan, who was addressing a PTI Women’s Convention, vowed to bring radical changes to empower the women of the country by putting an end to injustices meted out to them.
He added that PTI, on coming to power, would provide legal aid to women who could not afford it and ensure women were given their due share in inheritance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands