Private schools, colleges shut across Nepal to protest arson
Kathmandu: Over 7.5 million students in Nepal`s private educational institutions were affected by a nation-wide strike to protest various incidents of arson carried out by Maoist linked student bodies.
All private schools, colleges and professional institutions across the country were affected due to the strike called by Association for Private Educational Institutions of Nepal (APEIN).
Recently, attacks were carried out by the Maoist aligned students bodies on a college bus belonging to Golden Gate College in Battisputali of Kathmandu and three vehicles belonging to DAV Sushil Kedia Vishwo Bharati Higher Secondary School of Lalitpur district of Kathmandu, in two separate incidents.
The student activists aligned to ruling UCPN-Maoist burnt a bus belonging to the Golden Gate College on Friday after the management prevented their organisation to establish its unit in the college, saying that private schools and colleges do not allow any body affiliated to a political party to open its office inside its premises.
Student activists aligned to the CPN-Maoist, the break-away faction of the UCPN-Maoist, had earlier vandalised three vehicles belonging to the DAV Sushil Kedia School for sacking two temporary teachers and conducting examinations according to the Indian Educational System.
Ramesh Shilwal, Vice-chairman of Higher Secondary Schools Association-Nepal said that the strike was called to protest the ongoing donation terror and threat to private schools and to demand compensation for the damage caused by the arsons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi