Pro-Taliban militants attack Sufi shrines in Pak
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants attacked
two Sufi shrines in Pakistan`s restive tribal belt on Saturday
though there were no reports of casualties, officials said.
The militants detonated a bomb inside the century-old
shrine of Sheikhullah Baba near Landi Kotal in Khyber Agency
early this morning, partially damaging the structure.
They also torched the shrine of Sheikh Bahadur Baba in
Kam Shalman area. There were no reports of loss of life in the
two incidents. No militant group claimed responsibility for
The Taliban have targeted several Sufi shrines in
northwest Pakistan in recent years. The militants claim the
practice of visiting shrine is "un-Islamic".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read