Pro-Taliban militants attack Sufi shrines in Pak
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants attacked
two Sufi shrines in Pakistan`s restive tribal belt on Saturday
though there were no reports of casualties, officials said.
The militants detonated a bomb inside the century-old
shrine of Sheikhullah Baba near Landi Kotal in Khyber Agency
early this morning, partially damaging the structure.
They also torched the shrine of Sheikh Bahadur Baba in
Kam Shalman area. There were no reports of loss of life in the
two incidents. No militant group claimed responsibility for
The Taliban have targeted several Sufi shrines in
northwest Pakistan in recent years. The militants claim the
practice of visiting shrine is "un-Islamic".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump