Raid kills insurgent behind US troop death: NATO
Kabul: The US-led international coalition in Afghanistan says a raid last week in the country`s east has killed an insurgent who was responsible for a 2012 insider attack that claimed the life of an American soldier.
NATO on Monday identified the insurgent as Mahmood. The coalition says that he and an accomplice, identified only as Rashid, died in last Wednesday`s operation in eastern Kunar province`s Ghaziabad district. No other details were provided.
NATO says Mahmood was responsible for killing a US soldier on May 11 in Kunar.
Killings by uniformed Afghans of foreign soldiers and civilians rose dramatically last year.
According to NATO, so-called insider attacks killed 61 coalition personnel in 45 incidents last year, compared to 35 killed in 21 attacks a year earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round