Raid kills insurgent behind US troop death: NATO
Kabul: The US-led international coalition in Afghanistan says a raid last week in the country`s east has killed an insurgent who was responsible for a 2012 insider attack that claimed the life of an American soldier.
NATO on Monday identified the insurgent as Mahmood. The coalition says that he and an accomplice, identified only as Rashid, died in last Wednesday`s operation in eastern Kunar province`s Ghaziabad district. No other details were provided.
NATO says Mahmood was responsible for killing a US soldier on May 11 in Kunar.
Killings by uniformed Afghans of foreign soldiers and civilians rose dramatically last year.
According to NATO, so-called insider attacks killed 61 coalition personnel in 45 incidents last year, compared to 35 killed in 21 attacks a year earlier.
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!