Rehman Malik postpones India visit
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, who had rescheduled trip to India set for later this month coinciding with his birthday, has postponed the visit.
Earlier, media reports had stated that Malik was hoping to celebrate his birthday at Taj Mahal in Agra.
However, he announced on Thursday in micro-blogging website Twitter that he would not be able to make the trip on the proposed dates since he has to attend a conference in Turkey.
"Pak High Commissioner India was informed in the morning that I will not be able to visit 11th to 13th as I had to be tripod meeting in Turkey," The Express Tribune quoted Malik, as tweeting.
He added that the trip would be pushed forward by a couple of days. "I will not be able to go to India and now new proposed dates are 14 to 16th Dec.
An official hand out will be issued tomorrow in this respect," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire