Rehman Malik postpones India visit
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, who had rescheduled trip to India set for later this month coinciding with his birthday, has postponed the visit.
Earlier, media reports had stated that Malik was hoping to celebrate his birthday at Taj Mahal in Agra.
However, he announced on Thursday in micro-blogging website Twitter that he would not be able to make the trip on the proposed dates since he has to attend a conference in Turkey.
"Pak High Commissioner India was informed in the morning that I will not be able to visit 11th to 13th as I had to be tripod meeting in Turkey," The Express Tribune quoted Malik, as tweeting.
He added that the trip would be pushed forward by a couple of days. "I will not be able to go to India and now new proposed dates are 14 to 16th Dec.
An official hand out will be issued tomorrow in this respect," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat