Rehman Malik postpones India visit
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, who had rescheduled trip to India set for later this month coinciding with his birthday, has postponed the visit.
Earlier, media reports had stated that Malik was hoping to celebrate his birthday at Taj Mahal in Agra.
However, he announced on Thursday in micro-blogging website Twitter that he would not be able to make the trip on the proposed dates since he has to attend a conference in Turkey.
"Pak High Commissioner India was informed in the morning that I will not be able to visit 11th to 13th as I had to be tripod meeting in Turkey," The Express Tribune quoted Malik, as tweeting.
He added that the trip would be pushed forward by a couple of days. "I will not be able to go to India and now new proposed dates are 14 to 16th Dec.
An official hand out will be issued tomorrow in this respect," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it