Rehman Malik postpones India visit
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, who had rescheduled trip to India set for later this month coinciding with his birthday, has postponed the visit.
Earlier, media reports had stated that Malik was hoping to celebrate his birthday at Taj Mahal in Agra.
However, he announced on Thursday in micro-blogging website Twitter that he would not be able to make the trip on the proposed dates since he has to attend a conference in Turkey.
"Pak High Commissioner India was informed in the morning that I will not be able to visit 11th to 13th as I had to be tripod meeting in Turkey," The Express Tribune quoted Malik, as tweeting.
He added that the trip would be pushed forward by a couple of days. "I will not be able to go to India and now new proposed dates are 14 to 16th Dec.
An official hand out will be issued tomorrow in this respect," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!