Schoolgirl commits suicide in Pakistan after `harassment`
Islamabad: A schoolgirl committed suicide by shooting herself inside a classroom in a town near the Pakistani capital after she was allegedly harassed by a man.
Natasha Habib, a 16-year-old student of class 10, shot herself with a pistol during an examination yesterday.
She was a student of the Government Girls Centennial Model High School in Haripur, located about 60 km from Islamabad.
Officials at a local hospital said the girl`s body had several bruises.
A message written on her right arm asked her mother to forgive her and claimed a man named Asad had harassed her and made her life miserable.
A mobile phone number was written on her left arm.
Police rang the number but found it was switched off, officials said. A teacher at the school told police that other students had said that Habib initially pulled out a bottle of acid and tried to drink it.
The other girls snatched the bottle from her hand. Habib then took out a pistol from her bag and shot herself, the teacher said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley