Security concerns over Pak exaggerated: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday asked British investors to focus on Pakistan and not to be overly concerned about the "exaggerated perception" about security situation in Pakistan, it was reported here.
Addressing a businessmen`s reception in London, Gilani said he was cognizant of the concerns about security situation in the region, and that the perception was contrary to the situation on the ground, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
"Despite the negative security perceptions of Pakistan in the media, the trade and investment environment has remained positive," he said.
Gilani said those who have done business in Pakistan continue to return due to the opportunities offered by the market.
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially since last year`s killing of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad town by US commandos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic