Security concerns over Pak exaggerated: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday asked British investors to focus on Pakistan and not to be overly concerned about the "exaggerated perception" about security situation in Pakistan, it was reported here.
Addressing a businessmen`s reception in London, Gilani said he was cognizant of the concerns about security situation in the region, and that the perception was contrary to the situation on the ground, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
"Despite the negative security perceptions of Pakistan in the media, the trade and investment environment has remained positive," he said.
Gilani said those who have done business in Pakistan continue to return due to the opportunities offered by the market.
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially since last year`s killing of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad town by US commandos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!