Security concerns over Pak exaggerated: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday asked British investors to focus on Pakistan and not to be overly concerned about the "exaggerated perception" about security situation in Pakistan, it was reported here.
Addressing a businessmen`s reception in London, Gilani said he was cognizant of the concerns about security situation in the region, and that the perception was contrary to the situation on the ground, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
"Despite the negative security perceptions of Pakistan in the media, the trade and investment environment has remained positive," he said.
Gilani said those who have done business in Pakistan continue to return due to the opportunities offered by the market.
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially since last year`s killing of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad town by US commandos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini