Security concerns over Pak exaggerated: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday asked British investors to focus on Pakistan and not to be overly concerned about the "exaggerated perception" about security situation in Pakistan, it was reported here.
Addressing a businessmen`s reception in London, Gilani said he was cognizant of the concerns about security situation in the region, and that the perception was contrary to the situation on the ground, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
"Despite the negative security perceptions of Pakistan in the media, the trade and investment environment has remained positive," he said.
Gilani said those who have done business in Pakistan continue to return due to the opportunities offered by the market.
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially since last year`s killing of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad town by US commandos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali