Seven die in Pakistan terror attack
Islamabad: At least seven people, including five security personnel, were killed and seven injured on Monday in a terror attack at a government office in Pakistan`s northwestern provincial capital of Peshawar, media and officials said.
The brazen attack took place when some militants opened fire and hurled hand grenades at security personnel deployed at the office located at the Bara road of Peshawar, the provincial capital of Pakistan`s northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, reported Xinhua.
The militants, who were wearing security personnel uniforms, stormed the building when civil law enforcers were shifting some arrested anti-social elements to the Khyber House, an office of the civil administration of Pakistan`s northwestern tribal region of Khyber Agency.
Eyewitnesses said that the attackers to free the prisoners and exchanged gunfire with the security personnel. The gunfight that followed the hand grenades attacks killed six people on the spot, including five security personnel and one attacker.
Some reports said that another militant exploded his explosive jacket when security personnel tried to arrest him.
At the time of the attack, the representatives of some main political parties of the country were holding a meeting in the Khyber House to devise a strategy for the upcoming General Elections in the restive Khyber Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations