Seven volunteers of pro-govt militia killed in Pak
Islamabad: Seven members of a pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in northwest Pakistan while five persons were injured in an apparent sectarian attack when a bus was ambushed in the restive Kurram tribal region on Tuesday.
Seven volunteers of an `Aman Lashkar` or pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Their bodies were dumped in Nari area of Khyber, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings.
In Kurram tribal region, militants fired indiscriminately at a bus and injured five persons.
Officials of the political administration in the semi-autonomous tribal region said the bus was going from Parachinar, the main town in Kurram, to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The injured passengers were taken to a nearby hospital.
The Khasadar militia cordoned off the site of the attack and launched a search operation.
Kurram has a large Shia population which has been targeted in the past by militants, including those from the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested