Seven volunteers of pro-govt militia killed in Pak
Islamabad: Seven members of a pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in northwest Pakistan while five persons were injured in an apparent sectarian attack when a bus was ambushed in the restive Kurram tribal region on Tuesday.
Seven volunteers of an `Aman Lashkar` or pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Their bodies were dumped in Nari area of Khyber, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings.
In Kurram tribal region, militants fired indiscriminately at a bus and injured five persons.
Officials of the political administration in the semi-autonomous tribal region said the bus was going from Parachinar, the main town in Kurram, to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The injured passengers were taken to a nearby hospital.
The Khasadar militia cordoned off the site of the attack and launched a search operation.
Kurram has a large Shia population which has been targeted in the past by militants, including those from the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor