Seven volunteers of pro-govt militia killed in Pak
Islamabad: Seven members of a pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in northwest Pakistan while five persons were injured in an apparent sectarian attack when a bus was ambushed in the restive Kurram tribal region on Tuesday.
Seven volunteers of an `Aman Lashkar` or pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Their bodies were dumped in Nari area of Khyber, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings.
In Kurram tribal region, militants fired indiscriminately at a bus and injured five persons.
Officials of the political administration in the semi-autonomous tribal region said the bus was going from Parachinar, the main town in Kurram, to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The injured passengers were taken to a nearby hospital.
The Khasadar militia cordoned off the site of the attack and launched a search operation.
Kurram has a large Shia population which has been targeted in the past by militants, including those from the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?