Seven volunteers of pro-govt militia killed in Pak
Islamabad: Seven members of a pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in northwest Pakistan while five persons were injured in an apparent sectarian attack when a bus was ambushed in the restive Kurram tribal region on Tuesday.
Seven volunteers of an `Aman Lashkar` or pro-government militia were abducted and killed by militants in the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Their bodies were dumped in Nari area of Khyber, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings.
In Kurram tribal region, militants fired indiscriminately at a bus and injured five persons.
Officials of the political administration in the semi-autonomous tribal region said the bus was going from Parachinar, the main town in Kurram, to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The injured passengers were taken to a nearby hospital.
The Khasadar militia cordoned off the site of the attack and launched a search operation.
Kurram has a large Shia population which has been targeted in the past by militants, including those from the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today