Six killed, 28 injured in blast in NW Pakistan
Beijing: At least six people were killed and 28 others injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Pakistan`s northwest city of Peshawar on Saturday afternoon, local media reported.
Urdu TV channel Dawn said that the incident happened at about 1: 20 p.m. local time when a bomb exploded inside a mosque, located in the densely populated Shaheen market area of Peshawar, the provincial capital of the country`s northwest Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
"We were offering afternoon prayer in the mosque, and there were over 50 people inside the prayer hall when a bomb went off with a big bang," Shaukat Khan, an eyewitness said.
The targeted mosque was partially destroyed in the blast.
Police said that the bomb was detonated by a remote controlled device and an estimated of three to four kg of explosive materials were laden inside the prayer hall.
The injured people were shifted to Lady Reading Hospital and several of them were in critical condition.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
Police cordoned off the area and investigation into the incident has been kicked off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery