Suicide bombers, gunmen attack Kabul
Kabul: Suicide bombers and gunmen launched attacks on several targets, including a police station, in Afghanistan capital Kabul on Friday evening, leaving casualties, a police source said. The serial bombings were not near the Indian embassy.
The first blast took place at around 4.10 pm in Afghanistan`s Shahrara area, reported Xinhua citing the source.
According to sources, the obvious target of the attack might have been the Public Protection Police Force headquarter and the nearby UN office.
While the gunfight was on in the area, the source said, a building in the area caught fire.
Citing initial reports, the source said several people were killed and injured in the attack.
A witness said the first explosion was a suicide car bombing targeting the police department.
Meanwhile, the Indian External Affairs Ministry in New Delhi said the serial bombings did not take place near the Indian embassy.
"The blasts are near the old chancery in Kabul, which we had left years ago," External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
- This magazine cover featuring Ranveer Singh will make women drool over him – See pic
- BSEB likely to declare Bihar Board class 12 (Science) results 2016 on May 10
- Why is #CongTerrorInRajyaSabha trending on Twitter?
- Bsetelangana.org SSC Result 2016: Telangana Board, TS 10th Class SSC Result 2016 likely to be declared soon on manabadi.co.in
- Baba Ramdev's 'new fan' Lalu Yadav says he is 'permanent brand ambassador' of Patanjali products