Taliban kill four US soldiers in Afghanistan
Islamabad: The Taliban Wednesday claimed to have destroyed a US tank and killed four soldiers inside it in Afghanistan, a media report here said.
Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman of the terror outfit, said the incident took place in Tarkano area of Gardez, headquarters of Paktika province, according to Online news agency.
The spokesman said the incident took place Tuesday night when a US convoy was passing through the area.
The tank was destroyed with the help of a remote-controlled mine.
He said parts of the tank were still scattered in the area while the bodies were carried away in a US military chopper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire