Taliban kill four US soldiers in Afghanistan
Islamabad: The Taliban Wednesday claimed to have destroyed a US tank and killed four soldiers inside it in Afghanistan, a media report here said.
Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman of the terror outfit, said the incident took place in Tarkano area of Gardez, headquarters of Paktika province, according to Online news agency.
The spokesman said the incident took place Tuesday night when a US convoy was passing through the area.
The tank was destroyed with the help of a remote-controlled mine.
He said parts of the tank were still scattered in the area while the bodies were carried away in a US military chopper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!