Taliban, Pak police relationship is of bowler, batsman: IG
Peshawar: In a bizarre statement, a senior Pakistani police official on Monday compared the relationship between the Taliban and police as one between a bowler and a batsman involved in a test match.
Inspector General Police (IGP) Ihsan Ghani of Khyber- Paktunkhwa made the statement while speaking to the media.
"We`re the batsmen as they keep bowling. Sometimes we score a six, other times we lose a wicket. This is a test match, not a T-20 so this is on-going with them," he was quoted by The Express Tribune as saying.
Work is underway to combat the threats the police is receiving and a similar incident like the Dera Ismail Khan jailbreak would not happen in the future, the IG said.
In the jailbreak last week over 250 prisoners, including many terrorists, escaped the prison.
Ghani has already suspended SP Elite Force Tauheed, DSP Elite Force Behram Khan and 25 other members of the force for their incompetence during the militants attack at the Dera Ismail Khan jail.
More suspensions and transfers of officials are expected in the provincial prisons department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites