Taliban peace panel chief condemns attacks in Pakistan
Islamabad: Maulana Samiul Haq, chief of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan`s (TTP) three-member peace talks committee, requested the group Friday to end all kinds of attacks as they were hampering the parleys.
Haq has condemned the recent attacks in Karachi city, Dawn online reported.
The chief of the Taliban peace committee alleged that foreign forces and other anti-state elements wanted to foil the peace negotiations between the government and the TTP.
Haq said the Taliban have clarified that the attacks were carried out by them in defence, adding the TTP had denied involvement in many of the attacks that had recently gripped the country.
Haq said the TTP negotiators would meet the government representatives Friday and discuss the contents of a letter from the government.
The letter was written in light of conditions put forward by the Taliban and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s view.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof