Taliban shadow district governor killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A dozen militants, including a Taliban shadow district governor, were killed in an Afghan Army operation in Ghazni province, an official said on Friday.
"The Afghan National Army (ANA) conducted a raid in Andar district on Thursday night. As a result 12 militants, including the Taliban shadow governor for Andar named Dur Mohammad, were killed. A militant hideout was destroyed in the operation, which ended Friday morning," District Governor Mohammad Qasim told Xinhua.
The Taliban-led attacks and unrest have plagued various parts of the country since April when the insurgent group launched an offensive against Afghan forces and NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) coalition troops stationed in Afghanistan.
The UN Assistance Mission for Afghanistan has said that more than 1,300 civilians were killed and over 2,500 others injured in Afghanistan from January to June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand