Terror alert in India: 2 more identified as Pak traders
Lahore: Two Pakistani men named among five terror suspects by intelligence agency RAW and whose photos were carried by the media in India have been identified as traders linked to a bustling electronics market in this eastern Pakistani city.
Amjad Ali Khan is an employee at a cell phone shop at the electronics market at Hafeez Centre while Nadeem Malik runs a business dealing in used cellular phones, media reports said.
Earlier, the three other men named as terror suspects Mehtab Ahmed Butt, Atif Butt and Babar Shabbir too were identified as traders and a security guard at Hafeez Centre.
It is yet to be established how their photos were issued by Indian security agencies to the media.
Khan and Malik have been associated with businesses at Hafeez Centre for more than four years, Muhammad Fiaz Butt, the head of the local traders` association, told the media.
Khan claimed he and Malik had received several calls from an Indian phone number and that the caller had asked them both about their links with terrorist organisations.
Mumbai Police had described the five men as operatives of the banned Lashkar-e-Toiba that carried out the 2008 Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people.
Pakistan`s Foreign Office has already rejected as "unfounded" the Mumbai Police alert that linked the men from Lahore to the LeT.
Three of the men sought protection from authorities after reports about them appeared in the Indian media.
Traders from Hafeez Centre organised a protest following the Indian media reports.
They burnt tyres on roads and shouted slogans against India.
They also demanded that the Pakistan government should lodge an official protest and take up the issue with India at the diplomatic level.
Sections of the electronic media have played up the incident as an effort by Indian security agencies to portray Pakistan in a negative light.
A TV talk show host known for sympathising with right wing groups hosted a special edition of his programme at Hafeez Centre and blamed the incident on Indian intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'