Top Pakistan Army officers meet
Islamabad: Pakistan Army`s top brass met Friday night with an agenda which the Dawn described as "extraordinary".
Top Army officers met amid reports of Pakistan and the US moving towards enhanced counter-terrorism cooperation following improvement in their ties.
The corps commanders meeting began late in the evening and continued late into the night.
The Inter Services Public Relation said ahead of the meeting: "The monthly conference would discuss routine professional matters."
Dawn, however, said that events preceding the Friday session suggested that the agenda had something extraordinary.
"It was unusual for Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (General Khalid Shameem Wynne) to have met President Asif Ali Zardari ahead of the commanders` conference," the daily noted.
The meeting took place following the maiden visit of ISI chief Lt-Gen Zaheerul Islam to Washington. The general is understood to have briefed the commanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey