Top Pakistan Army officers meet
Islamabad: Pakistan Army`s top brass met Friday night with an agenda which the Dawn described as "extraordinary".
Top Army officers met amid reports of Pakistan and the US moving towards enhanced counter-terrorism cooperation following improvement in their ties.
The corps commanders meeting began late in the evening and continued late into the night.
The Inter Services Public Relation said ahead of the meeting: "The monthly conference would discuss routine professional matters."
Dawn, however, said that events preceding the Friday session suggested that the agenda had something extraordinary.
"It was unusual for Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (General Khalid Shameem Wynne) to have met President Asif Ali Zardari ahead of the commanders` conference," the daily noted.
The meeting took place following the maiden visit of ISI chief Lt-Gen Zaheerul Islam to Washington. The general is understood to have briefed the commanders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31