Top UN official to visit India, Pakistan and Nepal
Washington: UN Under-Secretary General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman will travel to India, Pakistan and Nepal this week to hold talks with officials in the three countries on a wide range of issues, a UN official said.
"Feltman will be in Nepal from 19 to 21 March, where he will meet with senior officials of the Government and political parties, and representatives of the diplomatic corps and civil society to discuss the peace process," Eduardo del Buey, Deputy Spokesperson for the Secretary-General yesterday told reporters at the UN headquarters in New York.
"In India (21-23 March) and Pakistan (24-25 March), he will meet with senior Government officials and other interlocutors to discuss the countries` wide-ranging cooperation with the UN and issues of international concern," the spokesman said.
Feltman will then travel to Doha, Qatar, on 26-27 March to lead the UN delegation to the Summit of the League of Arab States, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says