Top UN official to visit India, Pakistan and Nepal
Washington: UN Under-Secretary General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman will travel to India, Pakistan and Nepal this week to hold talks with officials in the three countries on a wide range of issues, a UN official said.
"Feltman will be in Nepal from 19 to 21 March, where he will meet with senior officials of the Government and political parties, and representatives of the diplomatic corps and civil society to discuss the peace process," Eduardo del Buey, Deputy Spokesperson for the Secretary-General yesterday told reporters at the UN headquarters in New York.
"In India (21-23 March) and Pakistan (24-25 March), he will meet with senior Government officials and other interlocutors to discuss the countries` wide-ranging cooperation with the UN and issues of international concern," the spokesman said.
Feltman will then travel to Doha, Qatar, on 26-27 March to lead the UN delegation to the Summit of the League of Arab States, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video