Tornado in Bangladesh kills 20, more than 200 injured
Dhaka: A tornado on Saturday ripped through Bangladesh`s eastern Brahmanbaria district leaving 20 people dead and injuring 200 other.
The tornado flattened hundreds of houses, trees and electric poles while damaging crops on farmland in four sub-districts, reported Xinhua citing Nur Mahmud Mozumder, chief executive officer of the district.
The tornado, with a speed of over 70 km, was accompanied by hail storm and lasted for a few minutes, the official said, adding the victims were killed by collapsed houses and fallen trees.
The toll might go up as reports from remote villages were yet to be collected, he said.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed