Tornado in Bangladesh kills 20, more than 200 injured
Dhaka: A tornado on Saturday ripped through Bangladesh`s eastern Brahmanbaria district leaving 20 people dead and injuring 200 other.
The tornado flattened hundreds of houses, trees and electric poles while damaging crops on farmland in four sub-districts, reported Xinhua citing Nur Mahmud Mozumder, chief executive officer of the district.
The tornado, with a speed of over 70 km, was accompanied by hail storm and lasted for a few minutes, the official said, adding the victims were killed by collapsed houses and fallen trees.
The toll might go up as reports from remote villages were yet to be collected, he said.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn