Touched on being considered son-in-law of Bangladesh: President Pranab
Dhaka: For President Pranab Mukherjee, a visit to Bangladesh is a home-coming of sort and he feels "really touched" on being considered the "son-in-law" of this country as his in-laws hail from here.
"Whenever I go to Bangladesh, I feel as if I have come to my native place, my relatives. The love and hospitality which the people of Bangladesh have extended to me always cannot be forgotten.
"I don`t know why they love me so much, it must be their inherent quality," Mukherjee said.
He said, "I had made up my mind that I will begin my foreign trip with Bangladesh only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof