Touched on being considered son-in-law of Bangladesh: President Pranab
Dhaka: For President Pranab Mukherjee, a visit to Bangladesh is a home-coming of sort and he feels "really touched" on being considered the "son-in-law" of this country as his in-laws hail from here.
"Whenever I go to Bangladesh, I feel as if I have come to my native place, my relatives. The love and hospitality which the people of Bangladesh have extended to me always cannot be forgotten.
"I don`t know why they love me so much, it must be their inherent quality," Mukherjee said.
He said, "I had made up my mind that I will begin my foreign trip with Bangladesh only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya