Touched on being considered son-in-law of Bangladesh: President Pranab
Dhaka: For President Pranab Mukherjee, a visit to Bangladesh is a home-coming of sort and he feels "really touched" on being considered the "son-in-law" of this country as his in-laws hail from here.
"Whenever I go to Bangladesh, I feel as if I have come to my native place, my relatives. The love and hospitality which the people of Bangladesh have extended to me always cannot be forgotten.
"I don`t know why they love me so much, it must be their inherent quality," Mukherjee said.
He said, "I had made up my mind that I will begin my foreign trip with Bangladesh only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!