Touched on being considered son-in-law of Bangladesh: President Pranab
Dhaka: For President Pranab Mukherjee, a visit to Bangladesh is a home-coming of sort and he feels "really touched" on being considered the "son-in-law" of this country as his in-laws hail from here.
"Whenever I go to Bangladesh, I feel as if I have come to my native place, my relatives. The love and hospitality which the people of Bangladesh have extended to me always cannot be forgotten.
"I don`t know why they love me so much, it must be their inherent quality," Mukherjee said.
He said, "I had made up my mind that I will begin my foreign trip with Bangladesh only."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics