Two Haqqani leaders detained in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two leaders of Haqqani network were captured in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, the NATO-led coalition forces confirmed.
"An Afghan and coalition security force arrested a Haqqani leader during an operation in Paktiya province today," the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement.
The Taliban-linked Haqqani network mostly operates in eastern Afghanistan and capital Kabul against security forces.
The arrested leader is suspected of being responsible for transferring weapons and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) into central Paktiya province.
Another Haqqani leader was detained in an operation in neighboring Logar province.
"The arrested leader is alleged to be responsible for facilitating weapons and directing attacks against Afghan and coalition forces within central and northern Logar province," the statement said.
In addition, they also arrested a Taliban leader in southern Afghan province of Kandahar.
"The arrested leader commanded an IED attack cell in central Kandahar province that provided subordinate insurgent fighters with IED materials, weapons and ammunition," according to the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested