US drone attack kills two in Pakistan, first hit in Ramadan
Islamabad: At least two persons were killed tonight when a US drone targeted a suspected militant`s compound in tribal region close to Afghan border in northwest Pakistan, the first strike in the month of Ramadan.
The CIA-operated drone fired two missiles at a time, targeting a motorcycle and a compound in village Dawar Musaki tehsil Mir Ali in North Waziristan Agency, sources said.
The strike killed two people, they said, adding that it took place after at 11 pm.
In the month of Ramadan, this was the first attack in North Waziristan.
The identity of those targeted in the strike could not be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray