US drones kill 16 in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 16 people were killed and seven injured after US drone strikes hit militant hideouts in Pakistan`s tribal area of South Waziristan, a mountainous region bordering Afghanistan, Geo News reported.
Earlier reports said 12 people were killed and eight wounded while three militant hideouts were destroyed as US drones fired eight missiles in Bobar area.
South Waziristan is home to militants of the Hakim Ullah Mehsud group of the Pakistan Taliban and Haqqani network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India