US drones kill 16 in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 16 people were killed and seven injured after US drone strikes hit militant hideouts in Pakistan`s tribal area of South Waziristan, a mountainous region bordering Afghanistan, Geo News reported.
Earlier reports said 12 people were killed and eight wounded while three militant hideouts were destroyed as US drones fired eight missiles in Bobar area.
South Waziristan is home to militants of the Hakim Ullah Mehsud group of the Pakistan Taliban and Haqqani network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan