Want to travel with Pervez Musharraf to Pakistan? Pay $2500
Islamabad: Show me the moolah! Pakistan`s former military ruler Pervez Musharraf`s party has come out with a rate card for those wanting to join his entourage for his planned homecoming from self-exile - just USD 2,500 or about Rs 2,50,000.
On March 01, Musharraf announced that he intended to end his nearly four-year-long exile though a date is yet to be set for his return to Pakistan.
However, his All Pakistan Muslim League party has already firmed up plans that will allow people to join his homecoming entourage.
USD 2500 will get you a confirmed one-way seat on the plane carrying 69-year-old Musharraf from Dubai to Pakistan. And the price includes invitation to photo opportunity, reception and dinner in Dubai the night before departure.
If you don`t want to fly with him, USD 1000 will allow you to attend dinner, reception and a photo opportunity in Dubai.
USD 500 is for reception and photo opportunity in Dubai while USD 250 will get you a hand-shake and photo opportunity in Dubai with Musharraf the night before his departure.
Journalists are required to pay a registration fee of USD 550 for travelling with Musharraf`s entourage.
The event, billed as `A unique opportunity to travel with General Musharraf to Pakistan`, has been organised by the US chapter of the APML.
Details have been posted on Eventbrite, a website that helps organise and sell tickets for such events.
Another event on the website says one can get into the VIP enclosure at the airport in Pakistan, where he will land, to receive and meet General Musharraf.
"Space is limited and Admission is FREE. Available on a `first come, first serve` basis," the event details say.
Addressing a news conference in Dubai on March 01, Musharraf said he planned to return to Pakistan within a week of the formation of a caretaker administration to oversee upcoming polls.
The Pakistan People`s Party-led government is set to complete its five-year term on March 16 and the caretaker administration is expected to be installed soon after.
The APML has also firmed up plans to challenge arrest warrants issued for Musharraf by several courts in connection with a raft of cases.
An anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi declared Musharraf a fugitive and issued "perpetual arrest warrants" for him after he refused to cooperate with investigators probing the 2007 assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto.
The same court has also directed authorities to freeze his assets and bank accounts. Musharraf has announced plans to return to Pakistan several times in the past two years and analysts believe he may call off his planned homecoming in view of warnings from prosecutors that he would be arrested as soon as he arrives in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues