Comet Lovejoy blazes trail across Chilean sky
Washington: The recently discovered Comet Lovejoy has been captured in stunning time-lapse video taken from the Paranal Observatory in Chile as it blazed a trail across the southern sky on December 22, 2011.
The video was made public this week. The comet had just unexpectedly survived a close encounter with the Sun before astronomers at the observatory spotted it flying overhead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh