Comet Lovejoy blazes trail across Chilean sky
Washington: The recently discovered Comet Lovejoy has been captured in stunning time-lapse video taken from the Paranal Observatory in Chile as it blazed a trail across the southern sky on December 22, 2011.
The video was made public this week. The comet had just unexpectedly survived a close encounter with the Sun before astronomers at the observatory spotted it flying overhead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service