Four planets to appear in conjunction Monday
New Delhi: Astro-enthusiasts are in for a
celestial spectacle on Monday with four planets poised to
appear in conjunction after sunset.
Sky lovers can see planet Jupiter paired with the moon in
the western sky after sunset, Director of Planetary Society of
India, N Raghunandan said.
Both moon and Jupiter will appear to be near each other as
seen from earth, Raghunandan said, adding this celestial event
is astronomically known as Conjunction of moon with Jupiter.
In positional astronomy, Conjunction means as seen from
earth, two celestial bodies appear to be near one another in
the sky, he said.
Planet Jupiter can be seen in the western direction at
about 10 PM tomorrow.
Below our natural satellite moon, Venus can be seen in the
western direction, he said.
Venus, Jupiter and the slender crescent moon will line up
in the western sky, forming a bright triangle in the evening
twilight, the official said, adding they are so bright, they
can shine through thin clouds and even city lights.
Sky gazers can also see red-planet Mars in the eastern
direction after sunset.
Ring-planet Saturn, too, is adorning the eastern night sky
theatre, Raghunandan said.
On March 14, the Conjunction of Venus with Jupiter will
take place where both Venus and Jupiter would be paired
appearing side by side in the sky, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow